Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Wave diffuser feature script

2»

Comments

• Options
    steve_shubinsteve_shubin Member Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2023
    That’s going to end up with a different number of parts. I’ll take care of that probably at the end of the day because I have stuff I have to tend to now

• Options
    steve_shubinsteve_shubin Member Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2023
    https://cad.onshape.com/documents/c8c85a344d2bc352c93c3123/w/c12cef3bd1a260ea9d394378/e/558658ce897e3978fc35e937

In trying to get the spacing at 40 and the thickness at 22, using transform was going to be too slow with regards to how I laid out my features. So I went back and modified a number of features to get it to your 3600 x 2500 with a 40 on the space and 22 on the thick. In doing so, I ended up with the original amount of full rings around the center hump.

With a spacing of 40mm and a thickness of 22, you’re not going to end up exactly with 3600mm. It’s going to be a tiny bit less.

58 X 62 - 40 = 3556

About 7/8 of an inch shorter on each end

Spend some time slowly rotating left to right and compare it to that with the original aspect ratio

• Options
    jacek_zagajajacek_zagaja Member Posts: 46 ✭✭
    edited April 2023
    Machining cost 500$ in workshop or 230$ by friend, material probably another 500$. Machining will be ready at the begining of May.
  • Options
    My friend got shingles and project is postponed.
  • Options
    Friend has cancelled because flat owner refused to install this diffuser.
  • Options
    bryan_lagrangebryan_lagrange Member, User Group Leader Posts: 800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would have been cool to see the final product installed.
    Bryan Lagrange
    Twitter: @BryanLAGdesign

• Options
    edited August 2023
    Finding new "investor" will take time. Meanwhile I'm going to try model and machine "texture" like this. (help appreciated). 53x63cm, 10mm deep, 25mm MDF.