Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Can I add a blank dimension

derek_westwoodderek_westwood Member Posts: 34 ✭✭
Can I add a blank dimension in a layout I want to finalize or do I have to get the tippex out?

Best Answers

• MichaelPascoeMichaelPascoe Member Posts: 1,698 PRO
    edited March 2023 Answer ✓

Yes. To make sure we are on the same page, you must insert your Part studio or Assembly studio into a Drawing studio first. Then, place a dimension on the part. Next, edit the dimension, then put some spaces in there. There are settings to show modified dimensions with an underline; this can be changed so that there is no underline when you modify dimensions.

Learn more about the Gospel of Christ  ( Here )

CADSharp  -  We make custom features and integrated Onshape apps!   cadsharp.com/featurescripts 💎
  • derek_westwoodderek_westwood Member Posts: 34 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Thanks, All.

Answers

• glen_dewsburyglen_dewsbury Member Posts: 559 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2023
    Blank, I don't think so. But you can over write with something like this. (TBA) To be advised.

• MichaelPascoeMichaelPascoe Member Posts: 1,698 PRO
    edited March 2023 Answer ✓

Yes. To make sure we are on the same page, you must insert your Part studio or Assembly studio into a Drawing studio first. Then, place a dimension on the part. Next, edit the dimension, then put some spaces in there. There are settings to show modified dimensions with an underline; this can be changed so that there is no underline when you modify dimensions.

Learn more about the Gospel of Christ  ( Here )

CADSharp  -  We make custom features and integrated Onshape apps!   cadsharp.com/featurescripts 💎
  • derek_westwoodderek_westwood Member Posts: 34 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Thanks, All.