Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.
First time visiting? Here are some places to start:- Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
- Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
- Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
- Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.
If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.
All lines are blackened but I cannot use the circular tool.
mario_darceuil
Member Posts: 113 ✭✭
I cannot use the circular tool to create multiple boxes as shown even though it appears that all is defined. Please help it is not working.
0
Answers
-
I did leave a copy of the document. Please help S1mon I cannot get the circular tool to give me 12 copies of the rectangle 30 degrees apart. In fact the circular tool is not activating even though all the lines are blackened.0
-
You can do a circular face pattern, and it works just fine. I would probably do the hole as a separate feature, and then do a feature pattern, but face patterns are actually faster. They just take more effort to redefine.
Here's the document.
Simon Gatrall | Product Development, Engineering, Design, Onshape | Ex- IDEO, PCH, Unagi, Carbon | LinkedIn
0 -
If you already closed (confirmed) the sketch, you have to either edit the sketch or open a new sketch to use the tools.0
-
Maybe you should have linked the file S1mon.0
-
I would have liked to learn how to properly defined the sketch so that I could use the circular tool myself. I try and follow the image.0

