Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Placing item numbers via "callout" does not work in parts

oliver_augustoliver_august Member Posts: 27 PRO
edited April 2023 in Community Support
I wanted to place the item numbers on an assembly drawing, but this time it doesn´t work, no matter what I try.
On the one item it works, on the other it doesn´t work, and that is true on all sheets of the drawing, for all configurations.

The configuration of the drawing view is the same as in the parts list, and it doesn´t make a difference if I place the item number on a surface or on an edge, if I place it in a view that is cut or not, I tried anything, believe me... it simply doesn´t work, and it´s the same problem on every sheet in this drawing.

Is this a known problem, does anyone have a clue how to solve this problem?

Best Answer

• Options
    eric_pestyeric_pesty Member Posts: 1,515 PRO
    Answer ✓
    Assuming the part itself is indeed showing up in your table, I think the issue might be the "BOM table reference" field in the bottom of the view property, you have to make sure it points to the "correct" thing (i.e the table that has the part in it).
    Setting the view to the same configuration may not be enough (that part is a bit confusing...)

Answers

• Options
    eric_pestyeric_pesty Member Posts: 1,515 PRO
    Answer ✓
    Assuming the part itself is indeed showing up in your table, I think the issue might be the "BOM table reference" field in the bottom of the view property, you have to make sure it points to the "correct" thing (i.e the table that has the part in it).
    Setting the view to the same configuration may not be enough (that part is a bit confusing...)

• Options
    oliver_augustoliver_august Member Posts: 27 PRO
    Hi @eric_pesty , thanks a lot!
    Your suggestion worked perfectly, that was the reason why it didn´t work!
    Didn´t know there was a possibilitiy to change the configuration in this place...