Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Feature script to create a sketch in the feature list

ben_partouchben_partouch Member Posts: 95 PRO
Hello, 

I would like to request an improvment that allows custom feature to create a sketch in the feature list so it can be right clicked > Export as DXF.

Out of many uses, I use Onshape for custom closets/cabinets making. Even after a year of intensive development of configured parts and custom features I find Onshape barly offering anything native for this industry.
Even the new CAM capbilty will attend funcions like nesting way down the line. I really hope, and ask, that the amazing Onshape dev' team will take this into consideration.
I hope that sooner than later I could use Onshape without a million workarrounds for this type of work.

Thank you,