Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Sheet Metal - Score Bend Line

mitch_watersmitch_waters Member Posts: 2
Started working with the sheet metal tool in Onshape and found it pretty amazing. I have used Perforate sheet metal bend (smPerforateBend) which works very well. I am trying to find something similar that will preform a score line down the bend. The idea is to create an aluminium box with score lines on the bends, cut out shape on a CNC, cut score line with CNC and fold. My thought is a score line at half the material thickness will tighten the radious of the bend and allow these to be done by hand.

Anyone have any throughts or scripts?

Cheers
Mitch

Answers

• don_bdon_b Member Posts: 106 ✭✭
    if strength is an issue scribe of a bend line should not be done.....I plot my flat patterns and glue (rubber cement) to have easy less error prone parts.
  • don_bdon_b Member Posts: 106 ✭✭
    if you are using a CNC mill could program the bend line as shown in the flat pattern and use a small stone or end mill with say .005 depth of cut.