Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Stuck trying to figure out how to make this shape

aaron_rashaaron_rash Member Posts: 2
Hi everyone,

I am about a week into just starting out on onshape and it's been great so far! I'm working on a guitar neck design and pretty much have it all finished except for a very complex shape on the back of the headstock. Does anyone have any recommendations on how to achieve this? They go from a flat path into this sort of cylindrical horn shape to a point at the end while remaining flat on the top plane. Any help is appreciated, thank you!!!

Answers

• kevin_wood958kevin_wood958 Member Posts: 9
    You can use the Loft function to unite a geometrical shape to a spherical shape. I'm not a professional by any means when it comes to CAD/OS. But the Loft feature is pretty easy to learn. Essentially you could create an offset plane at the point where it would transition from the rectangular shape. Then draw your spherical "point". Then use the loft feature to extrude from the rectangle to the sphere. You could then use some fillets to smooth the edges. Mocked this very rough example up. And I'm sure there could be other ways you could achieve the same end result.