Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

I am working on a project for a class, and I can't get two parts to interact in the assembly. Tips?

caden_helmscaden_helms Member Posts: 4 EDU
The front wheel is connected to the front axle with a slider mate, and the same for the back wheel and back axle. I want the front wheel to make the back wheel rotate when the front wheel is rotated. I've tried a bunch of things using tangent mate, slider mate, etc., and none of it seems to work. I was hoping somebody would know how to help me solve this problem.

Answers

• Options
    Rhett_RobinsonRhett_Robinson Member Posts: 95 PRO
    You are looking for the gear relation: Gear Relation (onshape.com)
  • Options
    caden_helmscaden_helms Member Posts: 4 EDU
    I just tried that, but it still does not work. Only one of the wheels rotates when I create a gear relation. There aren't any errors in the mate features window, I don't understand why it isn't working.
  • Options
    David_YL_NguyenDavid_YL_Nguyen Member, Onshape Employees Posts: 90
    Hey @caden_helms,

Can you share your document so we can have a look?

Thanks