Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Merge Scope Issue

ken_hornken_horn Member Posts: 4
Hi,

I modeled a servo casing then modeled a holder for the servo. I now want to add to the servo holder - so I created a new sketch on one of its faces. When I go to extrude the sketch it is asking me to select a merge cope. However, the only choice I have is to 'Merge with all'. I want to merge it with only the servo holder. What am I doing wrong? 

Here is a link to the document if that helps. https://cad.onshape.com/documents/16b8b7af68d6f6d63e653e44/w/58f046bbb780d9b4050fbe40/e/48010a9bde1192770c9fb6b1

Thanks in advance. If you can't tell by feeble attempt at this drawing I am new to 3D modeling and CAD in general.

Best Answer

• Options
    glen_dewsburyglen_dewsbury Member Posts: 582 ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    In the merge scope select the servo holder.

Answers

• Options
    glen_dewsburyglen_dewsbury Member Posts: 582 ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    In the merge scope select the servo holder.

• Options
    ken_hornken_horn Member Posts: 4
    Hi Glen, thanks for the reply! Once you showed me that it is possible I figured out that I need to click on the servo holder in the list of parts on the left hand menu. I was mistakenly expecting it to offer a list in the Merge Scope section of the extrude.

Thanks again!