Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

inspection items after a release

Jef_VanthilloJef_Vanthillo Member Posts: 3 PRO
hello, 
I can not change the inspection items numbers after a release.
The numbers stay grey and con not be re-ordered. I can only delete them and start with a number higher than the highest previous item number. I want to start with nr 1 again.
Is there a solution for this without starting a new drawing?

Answers

• Options
    shawn_crockershawn_crocker Member, OS Professional Posts: 807 PRO
    This is a confusing functionality.  I learned that the inspection numbers are linked through all drawing part number revisions.  So, as long as the part number of the drawing remains the same, the inspection items will not allow you to reuse a number that exists in another revision of the drawing.  If you change the drawing number, you be able to start at number one again.  I think this is a really good thing for the inspection items to do.  ATM, I still haven't quite nailed down exactly why but it feels like it will help keep manufacturing accidents and confusion from happening.
  • Options
    PeteYodisPeteYodis Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 519
    @shawn_crocker We are working on removing the block to re-using inspection item numbers after they have been used in a revision.  We will warn, instead.  Stay tuned.  
  • Options
    S1monS1mon Member Posts: 2,365 PRO
    PeteYodis said:
    @shawn_crocker We are working on removing the block to re-using inspection item numbers after they have been used in a revision.  We will warn, instead.  Stay tuned.  
    This seems like something that might want to be a company preference with the possibility of an admin override.