Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

string variables (and date time)

stvnvl_8501stvnvl_8501 Member Posts: 113 PRO
Hi, 

I couldn't get this to work. 
take 2 or more (number, string or lenght...) variable values, concatenate in a string, store in another variable. (preferably directly with formula in variable field or through custom featurescript feature..) 
(ideally add a date time in there as well, but I guess that isn't possible in featurescript due to no date operations available.)  
Allready worked out how I can then store the result variable as a partnumber/ name property. 

In case you need to know why: naming parts on the fly for custom frame constructions. 

PS:  I would also like to be able to take the specific configuration settings back down to the individual part level to store in metadata/ properties.
for instance, if I set a customer name in the top assembly (configuration variable) , can i get that variable into the level of the individual part?  (slightly different different usecase in real life, but fitting example) 
Is this possible? 

thanks!