Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

draft analysis color scheme in drawing view.

stvnvl_8501stvnvl_8501 Member Posts: 120 PRO
Hi,

I am designing quite  a lot  molded parts recently,
would be very handy to include the draft analysis color scheme in a named view to display in a 2D drawing. Is there a workaround that doesnt include exporting and importing images?
preferably it retains it associativity to the model as in concept phase a lot of different versions are drafted.
I know, 3D first approach and shared 3D are more or less the whole idea behind a cloud platform like onshape,
but in industry 2D drawings are still the gold standard when it comes to "official" ordering and communicating additional specs like surface treatement etc. to suppliers.
(perspective view in 2D drawing would also be nice for illustrative purposes, but that's allready a much requested feature I found.)

Tagged: