Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

FS working in file with featurestudio but not when added to tool bar?

Stormi_BackusStormi_Backus Member Posts: 49
Hi All, 

I am wondering if anyone has experience trouble shooting this:

I have a sprocket feature script that functions perfectly in the main file, but fails on a specific user input combination once I have added it to my tool bar in a different document. 

In the screen shot below the lefthand view is a close up of my sprocket hub in the main FS document and the righthand view is from a new document, created by adding the feature to my toolbar. 

On the left, when "no keyway" and "one (or two) setscrews" is selected, the setscrew extrusions propagate. On the right, with the exact same settings, they do not. 

I have experimented with deleting and re-adding the FS to my tool bar as well as updating FS from the toolbar to no avail. I did notice that every time I delete and re-add the FS to my tool bar, if I have made changes, I see the warning depicted below. Not sure if that would have anything to do with it but it hasn't made a difference so far as I can tell. 

Here is the direct FS link: 
https://cad.onshape.com/documents/51d4a2a74f19d96e738a7a86/w/0cffaf06f18f5433f9dce56d/e/4122ee75c726579bc9fffe0c?renderMode=0&uiState=64fa117195bbe646628aaddb

Here is the Document where I am attempting to use the custom feature from my toolbar: 
https://cad.onshape.com/documents/65dfde76d58b16a2780a1db3/w/ee6531324bddcbe214dcc662/e/16f4c41969ba29d929c091c0?renderMode=0&uiState=64fa1510f50044209d291a52

Also worth noting, but possibly a separate issue, is that the failure mode seems to vary based on user inputs. For instance, in the below screenshot I changed inputs to correlate to a stock B Hub sprocket and experienced a complete regen failure rather than a simple lack of expected set screw holes. 

Thanks in advance for any input here,

Stormi 

Best Answer

• Options
    caden_armstrongcaden_armstrong Member, User Group Leader Posts: 127 ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Features added to your toolbar reference a specific version of the feature.

Features in the same document as the part studio will use the current workspace of the feature.
    It looks like you made some code changes since the version added to your toolbar was made.

Try creating a new version in your FS document, and updating the feature in your toolbar (and any location used), and see if that helps.

Answers

• Options
    caden_armstrongcaden_armstrong Member, User Group Leader Posts: 127 ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Features added to your toolbar reference a specific version of the feature.

Features in the same document as the part studio will use the current workspace of the feature.
    It looks like you made some code changes since the version added to your toolbar was made.

Try creating a new version in your FS document, and updating the feature in your toolbar (and any location used), and see if that helps.
  • Options
    Stormi_BackusStormi_Backus Member Posts: 49
    That did the trick, thank you @caden_armstrong!!!