Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Export drawings / step files from BOM

When I want to order parts for my project, I need to manually export al necessary drawings and STEP files for my suppliers. 

Is there a way to do this automatically, from the BOM? Maybe a function or FeatureScript which runs through all items in a BOM. Per item it checks if there is a drawing present, and collects the drawing as PDF and STEP files in a ZIP file for download.

Any other options to collect the drawings and stepfiles are also welcome... :wink:

Creative Technician Mechatronics | Freelance Engineer
www.leontulling.nl

Comments

• Options
    caden_armstrongcaden_armstrong Member, User Group Leader Posts: 127 ✭✭✭
    CADSharp's application Renaissance in the Onshape App store can do this.
    The assembly export tool can export 3d files, components drawings, and will zip them all together into one file.

If for some reason that doesn't work, we can also make custom solutions for doing package export.