Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Why is My Assembly Zooming Out as though I Pressed "F?"

Kyler_WalkerKyler_Walker Member Posts: 183 PRO
Hello.  During the last few days, I have noticed an annoying behavior in assemblies where sometimes the view zooms out and the assembly gets centered, as though I pressed the "F" key, after I zoom and then pan.  This seems to happen at random, always after zooming and panning using my mouse.  I have not noticed this behavior after just zooming or just panning.  Can anyone tell me why this is happening and how to prevent it?  Thanks!

Answers

• Options
    S1monS1mon Member Posts: 2,387 PRO
    What OS, browser and mouse/trackpad are you using?
  • Options
    I am running Windows 10, using Chrome, and I have a Dell MS111-L wired optical mouse.
  • Options
    I just figured out that this behavior is caused by depressing the scroll wheel twice.  I don't know why this had never been an issue for me until this last week.  I guess I just need to be more careful with my panning.