Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Improvements to Onshape - December 15th, 2023

13»

Comments

• Options
    don_williams909don_williams909 Member Posts: 139 PRO
    Well I thought the countersinks in sheet metal was going to work, but it still won't let me make the countersinks to a sketch in the flat pattern.
    I use curved pieces of sheet metal all the time, and I need to add countersinks in them, and frankly this is getting ridiculous that this Basic Functionality is still not available in the sheet metal module.  Neither is forming, or rolling, etc.  If you're going to have CAD software that (in theory) does sheet metal, then it needs to be able to mimic how sheet metal is formed in the real world.  This sheet metal module is infantile, perhaps juvenile, at best. Can we please make it grow up into adulthood like the rest of the CAD world?  Good God, this company is owned by PTC now, and Creo can do it, so there's no reason the resource members who coded it for Creo can't be assigned to do it for Onshape...