Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Can't insert cut list into drawing

Richard_InvRichard_Inv Member Posts: 9 PRO
I've built a configurable model out of frames, driven by configurations and variables. The Part Studio shows the cutlist fine, all the dimensions are correct for any given configuration, along with creating a composite part.

However, when I bring a configuration into a drawing and try to insert a Cut List table, I get "Composite parts are required to insert cut list tables" on the insertion dialogue box

Any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    emagdalenaC2iemagdalenaC2i Member, Developers, Channel partner Posts: 859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you created that drawing for the composite part made with the cut list, or is it from an assembly?
    Un saludo,

Eduardo Magdalena                         C2i Change 2 improve                         ☑ ¿Por qué no organizamos una reunión online?  
                                                                         Partner de PTC - Onshape                                     Averigua a quién conocemos en común
  • Options
    Richard_InvRichard_Inv Member Posts: 9 PRO
    Have you created that drawing for the composite part made with the cut list, or is it from an assembly?
    The drawing isn't from an assembly, it's just from a Part Studio set up to be configurable. Created a new drawing, imported the configurable with the configuration settings I wanted, brings in all the parts EXCEPT for the composite part created by the cut list. To bring that in, I have to re enter all the settings and import that composite part separately, which introduces scope for human error as I need to make sure the configuration matches the one I already imported for the part studio.