Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Reuse a sketch created within a custom feature

Hello.

I'm creating a sketch within a custom feature. Then I'd like to perform extrusion with it, but I'd like to call standard extrusion feature instead of making it within a script. Reason for that -- quite complicated API of the extrusion and quite rich standard extrusion feature config..

My problem is the following. Once custom feature creates sketch with faces/edges I can select them one by one and pass to the extrude. However with a regular sketch I can pass the whole one. It will be denoted as "faces of sketch 1". I'd like to do the same with a custom feature, since it generates lots of faces.

Is there a way to "export" the sketch/faces/edges created by a custom feature? So I can use it in further features without listing