Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Accessing onshape on 'slow'computers

I am working with schools based in Uk and Tanzania and I was wondering if there is a way to find out the minimum system requirements for laptops/computers/notebooks accessing the onshape. Also what is the limiting factor? perhaps the processor speed or type of processor? or perhaps the graphics card.

The specification of the notebooks that the school in Tanzania have is provided below

HP EliteBook 2560p Notebook PC
Intel Core i7 and Core i5

Also is it possible to use onshape with tempremental internet access e.g an internet connection that may cut out frequently

Some advice would be very much appreciated.
Thank you,

Marie

Tagged:

Best Answers

Answers

• marie_adeyemimarie_adeyemi Member Posts: 2
    Hi Pete, My sincere apologies for the late response. Thank you very much for your help. I think you are right, the internet connection is probably the biggest issue.