Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Making a single object

joseph_newcomerjoseph_newcomer Member Posts: 90 ✭✭✭
edited December 2023 in Community Support
I have a document.  The document has four parts.  I want to insert the object in an assembly.  I use a connector to create a fixed constraint with another object.  One part (the part that has the connector) moves over, and the other three parts just sit there in empty space.  How do I make all the parts behave as a single object?  I tried creating an assembly from the document, selecting all the parts, and using "Group" in the assembly, and I grouped all four parts together, but when inserting the grouped assembly (not the document), the groupness appears to be lost.

EDIT: Never mind.  For some insane reason, it kept trying to insert V2 (the pre-group version) instead of V3 (the grouped version) so it just kept re-inserting the incorrect version, time after time.  I finally noticed this and told it to insert V3, and it all worked as I expected it to.