Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

dimensions and exporting to dxf

I can not place dimension on drawing of a finished part. When I select for example a line a dimension is on the scren but when I clik to place it, it draws lines without dimension beeng placed. This hapens when I try to make a drawing of a part that I have created. 

Another problem. 
When I export a part to dxf. file curves are transformed to short lines representing curve and not a curve.

I hope I explain problems clearly. In the past this was not a problem. 

Best regards Franc

Answers

• Options
    peter_cuthbertpeter_cuthbert Member Posts: 45
    Could I suggest a possibility that comes from my 2D CAD program which sometimes has the problem of not showing the figures in the dimension.  In that case what is usually happening is that the specified text size for the text is way too small, eg. 0.05mm when it should perhaps be 20mm to be visible.  Thuis it might be worth highlighting the doension and then checking the font size.  I think that you can set a 'default' for a drawing, but I do not recall how to do that.

The curves that are not curves but collections of straight lines may be down to how you system renders curves onscreen.  I have encountered that problem occasionally and found that whilst the problem shows on screen, the printed PDF of the drawing has a nice smooth line.  I am afraid the technolgy behind that is rather beyond me.