Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Split an assembly so I can 3d print

jon_wadeljon_wadel Member Posts: 2
I have a project to 3d print that is too large for my printer.   I have figured out how to split a part into separate parts, but hoping there is a way to split an assembly in the same way.  I tried exporting the assembly as an .stl and importing it back.  This resulted in a model many times larger than the original.  If this is the only way to split the entire assembly can someone tell me what I did wrong that it came back much larger?  Or maybe there is an easier way to accomplish this.

Thanks for any help!

Answers

• Options
    robert_scott_jr_robert_scott_jr_ Member Posts: 328 ✭✭✭
    Please post a link to your document so we can see what you have. - Scotty
  • Options
    dirk_van_der_vaartdirk_van_der_vaart Member Posts: 543 ✭✭✭
    In your account settings you can set up the Units Inch or MM , you only have to do this once.