Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

If I use OnShape for free can I download my models on 3D printing models websites?

My point is that is it legal if I get some tips or revenue from my models even if I do not pay on OnShape?

Answers

• Options
    MichaelPascoeMichaelPascoe Member Posts: 1,726 PRO
    edited February 14

My ycomment is not legally accurate, but it sums up my experience with Onshape:

If you are using Onshape for profit, then you need a pro account or higher. That being said, Onshape is pretty reasonable and will work with you and your circumstances, which is why they give it to hobbyist for free. If the Hobbyist happen to start making money and turns into a legit business with Onshape, then upgrade to the pro account.

Learn more about the Gospel of Christ  ( Here )

CADSharp  -  We make custom features and integrated Onshape apps!   cadsharp.com/featurescripts 💎
  • Options
    santeri_matomäkisanteri_matomäki Member Posts: 4
    Ok. Thanks for the answer.
  • Options
    Kevin_CowlesKevin_Cowles Member, Onshape Employees Posts: 18 PRO
    The Standard license can also be used in for-profit circumstances! Its just not recommended to anyone that needs Company owned data, its more for an individual contributor/contractor that either owns the data themselves or works with other other Onshape customers.