Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Disable auto zoom for third party stylus (not Apple Pencil)

damcifydamcify Member Posts: 7
The Onshape app on iPad is a great application, and I have started using it, after moving away from Shapr3d.
As I am a hobbyist, I will only use this application occasionally for home projects.
One reason I changed was because the Apple Pencil gen 2 was required, which is great, but expensive, especially if lost (like many professionals have mentioned too). So I have switched to a Zagg Pro Stylus 2, which is a decent alternative but it does not support pressure sensitivity.
However, the Zagg Stylus is very hard to use on the iPad with Onshape, because every time you start to sketch a line or rectangle, the view will zoom in to the maximum, so you cannot see where you are on the plane. Presumably this is because the “pencil pressure value” is not correct, and it defaults to a max zoom.
1. Could you add an option to just disable this zoom feature in general, or for 3rd party styluses?
2. Could you adjust the default to be to not zoom in when the pressure values are unknown?

Thanks!