Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Onshape is not connected. Your document is saved. Refresh Browser to continue working on this....

sean_kerslakesean_kerslake Member Posts: 4
Home laptop running up to date chrome
Trying to access a students model from his school account which he has shared with me.
Error: Onshape is not connected. Your document is saved. Refresh Browser to continue working on this document.
See lots of refs to this through schools networks but nothing that addresses home issues.
Any hints?
Cheers

Answers

• Options
    john_rousseaujohn_rousseau Member, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 362
    HI @sean_kerslake. Sorry you are having trouble. Are you running an antivirus at home? If so, could you tell me which one? I see the logs from your disconnects and they have been associated with a particular antivirus. I would like to see if that's the case here.

Can you please open a support ticket? That's a better communication mechanism for solving this problem than using the forum.
    John Rousseau / VP, Technical Operations / Onshape Inc.
  • Options
    sean_kerslakesean_kerslake Member Posts: 4
    Thanks John , support ticket submitted
  • Options
    martin_kowalikmartin_kowalik Member Posts: 3
    Hallo. I have the same problem: "Onshape is not connected. Your document is saved. Refresh the browser to continue working on this document." At home I am running Avast antivirus.
  • Options
    @martin_kowalik, please disable Avast and try again. Let us know your results.
  • Options
    martin_kowalikmartin_kowalik Member Posts: 3
    john_rousseau, it did not help.
  • Options
    health_physicshealth_physics Member Posts: 6 PRO
    Same issue here.  Created a new document.  Continually displays the error  "Onshape is not connected. Your document is saved. Refresh the browser to continue working on this document. "

Disabled Avast antivirus, same error.  

Checked Developer console on Chrome.  This is the log:

js.stripe.com/v2/m/outer.html#referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.onshape.com%2Fen%2F&title=Sign%20in&url=https%3A%2F%2Fcad.onshape.com%2Fsignin%23_ga%3D2.86934683.222420370.1641219024-1958623320.1639405877&muid=79acd64f-fce7-445a-bd5d-24083d8dbb85a89c0b&sid=NA&version=6&preview=false&:1 [Report Only] Refused to execute inline script because it violates the following Content Security Policy directive: "script-src 'self' 'sha256-SP+OklpqI9DOfk/xOSps45nYg4re2SxZVge06yn8uUQ='". Either the 'unsafe-inline' keyword, a hash ('sha256-qWpgQm+F/bMKOiHJEk7PjCZfwU7uXULpVxCtpVZZcr8='), or a nonce ('nonce-...') is required to enable inline execution.

Any ideas?
  • Options
    Hi @health_physics. What I am seeing in the logs is consistent with your websocket traffic being interrupted. Specifically Avast Anti-Track has been causing our customers issues. Other forum users have said that the Avast processes are still running even after disabling from the UI. Can you check to see if those processes are still running and stop them just as a test?

I have opened a support request with Avast. Hopefully I will get a positive response.