Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

"Units" setting on import DXF dialog missing/bugged out? (Stuck on sheet metal exercise)

evan_josaevan_josa Member Posts: 2
I'm going through the Thicken exercise in the Simultaneous Sheet Metal course and hit a snag on slide 8 of the instructions, where it calls for a DXF file to be imported. The note says to "make sure the units are set to Inch on the insert dialog..."
...but when I go to insert the drawing, the Units setting is either missing or permanently shoved out of my reach beyond the bottom of the viewport:

This is a problem because importing the DXF as-is causes it to be undersized, and while it can be scaled freehand with the transform tool, I can't find a way to "snap" that scale to the one suggested by the rest of the existing geometry. I would either be scaling freehand or guessing-and-checking (itself a problem because the self-check is going to ask me about the surface area of the sheet affected by this sketch).

Has the Units setting been removed or is this a bug on my end with the viewport? Either way, how do I get around this?

Best Answer

• Options
    jnewth_onshapejnewth_onshape Member, Onshape Employees Posts: 61
    Answer ✓
    I can simulate the problem you have by "zooming in" on my browser. Perhaps you can fix the problem by zooming out? In chrome, 3 dot menu in upper right corner, zoom, hit "-" a couple times.

Answers

• Options
    Units setting is as you guessed: pushed offscreen on the dialog.
  • Options
    Answer ✓
    I can simulate the problem you have by "zooming in" on my browser. Perhaps you can fix the problem by zooming out? In chrome, 3 dot menu in upper right corner, zoom, hit "-" a couple times.