Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Next shell problem

chriss_kochriss_ko Member Posts: 10
Hi *,

Here is the next shell problem. I try to shell this part but I get only a error saying "could not shell part with selection" when I select the 3 faces. It tuns read as soon as I select the first face.

There is the link to the document: https://cad.onshape.com/documents/fa4bce245ef9d6596f869a94/w/29a4953d898cab09679c861a/e/ff96850d6203da8e2617ef5d

Cheers, Chriss

Best Answer

• Options
    Answer ✓
    It is getting better, It works as soon as I cut of the ears:

I'm sure that I will find a hacky solution for that. 

Answers

• Options
    nick_papageorge073nick_papageorge073 Member, csevp Posts: 677 PRO
    The surfaces are not good. They have many sharp edges and difficult transitions/intersections. Smooth and gradual surfaces are what the shell command wants. I'd recommend rethinking the way you drew the entire model with that goal in mind.

• Options
    Cheers, that makes sense to me. I will add the fillets before the shell than and make it a bit more smooth. Thanks a lot!
  • Options
    Answer ✓
    It is getting better, It works as soon as I cut of the ears:

I'm sure that I will find a hacky solution for that.