Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Managing tabs

john_reed263john_reed263 Member Posts: 10 EDU
I teach CAD at the high school level and Onshape is a great tool.  I'm a big fan.   Easy to access and able to do anything we need to do.  

Until now maybe.  We are working on the one project we do each year that has enough complexity to produce MANY tabs.  It is very hard to manage.  I have started to use the tab manager much more out of necessity.  But we work on laptops, so having it open by default is not practical due to the lack of screen real estate.  Most of my colleagues use Fusion 360 and I know it allows a separate window of manage resources.  That sounds useful.  

So I guess my question is...are there folks here who have some techniques or ways of working that make tabs more manageable.  I have recently started to have a duplicate version of my document open that always has the tab manager open but have not used this technique enough to know if it helps.  Are the other things that users can try?
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    Rhett_RobinsonRhett_Robinson Member Posts: 95 PRO
    I use ctrl+spacebar very often in my workflow to quickly switch back and forth between the most recent tabs I have used. This has been a huge help to avoid using the tab manager or the normal tab bar, even if the two tabs are separated in different folders or on opposite ends of the list. Using a smaller window to just have the tab manager seems interesting, although most of the time I have my laptop and two other screens I am hooked up to at work.
  • Options
    STEGSTEG Member, User Group Leader Posts: 77 PRO
    "Ctrl + spacebar" like @Rhett_Robinson mentionned is very useful. I also use "alt + q" to open / close the tab manager.