Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

"exploded/projected" letters

florin_stamateflorin_stamate Member Posts: 3

Hi there,

I'm newbie on Onshape, just start to use it 2 weeks ago and I'm trying so hard to create a kind of "exploded/projected" letters(I don't know how I can call it in english) in ONSHAPE but I didn't accomplish this goal.

Shortly, I try to do something like in image below but with my own text,

could you give me a hint please ? I think is possible to do it in Onshape, could be a kind of loft or similar. I know how to create the base and the letters on a 45 degrees plan but I don't know how to connect the letters to  the base, as in image above.

I need it for a piece printed on a 3D printer in PLA.

Thank you in advance for your answer.

Best Answer

• Options
    eric_pestyeric_pesty Member Posts: 1,530 PRO
    Answer ✓
    This looks a revolve feature. I would use the mate connector option for the revolve axis and play with the offsets until it looks right

Answers

• Options
    eric_pestyeric_pesty Member Posts: 1,530 PRO
    Answer ✓
    This looks a revolve feature. I would use the mate connector option for the revolve axis and play with the offsets until it looks right
  • Options
    florin_stamateflorin_stamate Member Posts: 3
    edited April 5
    Thank you so much Eric, I'll try this solution and I'll let you know.  :)