Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Extrude from multipart sketch and part highlights part of sketch in red - extrude fails

nate_atkinsnate_atkins Member Posts: 2
I was working through the multipart example and got it to work per the instructions.   Along the way I had tried to extrude the large pins from the mid-plane to the near face of the large arm.  While it works when I go to the far face it fails on the near face.   I have used the sketch to select the profiles, the mid-plan as one of the bounds and the near face of the large arm as the other bound.  I have turned off the sketch and removed the extrusion of the small arm.   Selecting the near face of the large arm also selects the profile of the small arm and highlights it in red.  Attached is what I'm seeing.   

Any help understanding what is going on here would be appreciated.

Answers

• Options
    Matt_ShieldsMatt_Shields Member Posts: 216 PRO
    The problem is in your second end position.  The face you have selected is the same face you're sketching on and would result in a zero thickness extrusion.  Switch the "Up to face" selection to the other side "fixed."