Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Naming documents and parts, drawing issue copy public documents

svenolov_nystromsvenolov_nystrom OS Professional Posts: 68 PRO
Hi, I made a public document to test a name and part number convention. It is a lamp for 3Dprint. The model is not easy , a lot of part studio tricks are included and an assembly with 5 different color variants to make it harder.   Drawings are made for each  variant. Naming and part number are made with common practice used in manufacture business.
I used a public license and copied the dokument, The drawings came up somewhat distorted.  Parts and assemblies inserted from other docs in my onshape seems to be ok.
I can not see the problem.

Comments

• Kevin_CowlesKevin_Cowles Member, Onshape Employees Posts: 23 PRO
    The drawings are referencing the Main (live) workspace of the Assembly tab, it looks like the Public document (just made a copy) has drawings that aren't updated relative to that live Assembly. When you copy it, it rebuilds the drawing to reference the newly created assembly, which essentially "updates" that drawing. And in this case that update broke some balloons in the updated view (explodes can be sensitive). 

That's my best bet, I would just make sure all of the drawings are updated in the public doc. You could reference versions of the assembly in the drawing to make it more stable, but then it will continue to reference the original linked doc instead of the newly created doc.

Hope that helps!
  • svenolov_nystromsvenolov_nystrom OS Professional Posts: 68 PRO
    It is an exploded view changing scale or position,  nothing else I can see
    No big deal  but it doesnt look nice. I tried change dwt but nothing changed.
    Maybe its a one time  mishap
    thanks