Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Update on Curriculum

arizelle_parkerarizelle_parker Member Posts: 4
Hello,

I have been using the curriculum from OnShape for two years on the row now. last year was perfect and amazing to use but I noticed  a huge change on the Onshape. Now everything on the assignments for students (Skateboard, Introduction on Onshape, and Brick Projects) are not as accurate anymore. It is hard to teach students if the tools are not the same and the questions do not match. Will there be updates on these resources? Please advice  

Answers

• Options
    Matt_ShieldsMatt_Shields Member Posts: 222 PRO
    Hello,

We're so glad you've been enjoying our Intro to CAD curriculum!  If you've been using Onshape for years, you've probably noticed that one of the features that sets Onshape apart is the fact that it updates roughly every 3 weeks.  Pretty incredible for users, but pretty challenging for curriculum writers :smile:

We have recently put a system in place to speed up curriculum updates as the product continues to evolve.  A big batch of updates should roll out within a month.  Stay tuned!

Thanks for the feedback,
    Matt 
  • Options
    Naomi_ENaomi_E Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 11 PRO
    Hi @arizelle_parker,

Good news! Curriculum updates have been completed. If you go to the Learning Center, open the Intro to CAD Curriculum, and grab new copies of the documents, you'll have updated content! The full update will be pushed to existing documents soon. 

Have a great end of the term! 

Best, 
    Naomi
  • Options
    arizelle_parkerarizelle_parker Member Posts: 4
     :) Awesome thank you! I will be updating my documents for next school year