Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Any way to quickly change text of same part but include multiple versions in one assembly

bailey_sandlinbailey_sandlin Member Posts: 2
Title says it but let me explain my exact case, I am making an organizer and want each labeled, however the organizer is going to be one piece and all share the same size. I am looking for a way to quickly label each "tray" without having to add the text manually for each case, my current bad method is make part with variable studio for text, then save as a new part and edit to new text and so on, this will be very inconvenient as i will end up with about 30files of really basically the same part with different text. Also because of this method i am having to adjust the base piece for beginning piece, middle piece, and end piece. 
https://cad.onshape.com/documents/f2f9d6cd6c041f2e14b3319a/w/bfbe879c7be187674026151c/e/9b73bdc98109f0016fb05a95?renderMode=0&uiState=6630e3415c44e011418e4d04
This is my starting point to show what is happening at all, I am still new to onshape so sorry if this is way easier than i am making it but would appreciate the help.

Answers

• Options
    eric_pestyeric_pesty Member Posts: 1,545 PRO
    You should read up on "configurations"...