Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

(How to) Find/determine simulation min/max values?

Connor_LeCLaireConnor_LeCLaire Member Posts: 19 PRO
Hello,

I cannot seem to find a toggle to highlight or display the minimum FOS (or stress) in the result of a simulation. Currently I have to set the range manually to highlight the areas that have a lower local FOS and scrub my mouse over the area until I find the rough minimum from doing so. This is imprecise and may cause me to miss an actual minimum/maximum, especially if the min/max is located internally.

It would be great to have:
  1. Simulation result min/max values displayed (with toggle to show/hide?).
  2. Simulation min/max locations highlighted/pointed to with a line (with toggle to show/hide)?
  3. The ability to view only the volumes of the model with inside a specific range of values (stress, FOS, etc). This makes the volumes outside of the range transparent.