Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

How can I use an existing sketch and modify it to create a new part?

michael_higamichael_higa Member Posts: 5
edited January 2016 in Community Support
I'm new to CAD and wanted to design something.  Reviewed several CAD software and glad I found Onshape.  On to my question...

Trying to create some panels that are slightly different from each other. I have one panel saved as a part but would like to use the original sketch to modify and create a new part.  Any suggestions?

Best Answer

• _Ðave__Ðave_ Member, Developers Posts: 712 ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Yes you can.  Right click on the sketch in the feature tree and click copy sketch. Then start a new sketch. Now right click into that sketch and click paste into sketch. HTH
    _Dave_

Answers

• _Ðave__Ðave_ Member, Developers Posts: 712 ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Yes you can.  Right click on the sketch in the feature tree and click copy sketch. Then start a new sketch. Now right click into that sketch and click paste into sketch. HTH
    _Dave_
  • michael_higamichael_higa Member Posts: 5
    Worked like a charm.  Thanks Dave!