Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

How to Linear Pattern a Slot across a Face

alex_drozd
alex_drozd Member Posts: 6 ✭

Hi,

I want to linear Pattern a slot across a face. This is my work flow. Sketch, Remove Material, Linear Pattern. I've done this many times in other CAD packages but can't figure out how to do it here. I want the slot to multiply across the rest of the part, but as you can see it stops if it is not a "full pattern", even though my initial sketch, which extends beyond the part, doesn't carry forward.

Thank you.

1 Sketch.png 2 Slot.png 3 Linear Pattern.png 4 End Result.png

Best Answers

Answers

  • Matt_Shields
    Matt_Shields Member, Onshape Employees Posts: 986 PRO
    Answer ✓

    Try clicking "Reapply features."

  • eric_pesty
    eric_pesty Member, pcbaevp Posts: 2,884 PRO
    Answer ✓

    Check the "reapply features checkbox.

  • james_aguilar160
    james_aguilar160 Member Posts: 59 ✭✭

    Have you tried clicking reapply features? That's always my first thing I try when I encounter "hey this feature pattern isn't working the way I want it to."

  • alex_drozd
    alex_drozd Member Posts: 6 ✭

    Thank you so much! I would have never figured this one out.