Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

How to make an AR-15 rifle barrel

jay_williamsjay_williams Member Posts: 21
edited July 2016 in Community Support
An AR-15 rifle barrel has varying diameters along its length. It also has a taper from the chamber near one end down to a smaller diameter a few inches away from that end. If you aren't familiar with this, just google "AR-15 rifle barrel" and you'll find some pictures to see what I'm describing.

I've created a single tube, of 1" diameter with a .223" bore. That was pretty easy. How do I specify the diameters of specific sections of the tube? Also, how do I create the taper near the chamber end of the barrel? I would like to be able to play with these diameters and the lengths of these diameters. Is that easy to do, or once I create a specific section of certain diameter, am I stuck with it? I tried this with SketchUp and there was virtually no flexibility to change lengths of varying diameters.

Thanks,
Jay

Answers