Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

What is the quickest way to create a plane at the middle of a part?

florian_fordflorian_ford Member Posts: 54 ✭✭
edited July 2016 in Community Support
I have a long tube and another item at one of its end which i want to mirror on the other side (imagine a plane normal to the tube as the mirror plane).

What is the quickest (best practices) way of achieving this? Say my end faces of the tube are hidden and i want to somehow just create a plane on one face (it creates it by default at midpoint) and flip it 90 degrees. This doesn't seem possible in OS.

Answers

• Options
    edited February 2016
    Ok, sorry to post my own answer but I might have found the way to do this. I somehow missed this before.
    So if I select an edge and hit create place and choose the Mid Plane it should create a Plane Normal to that Edge, which is exactly what I need.

If I knew how to create GIFs I would post this maybe others will benefit too, but for now i hope the text explanation will suffice.

I'll mark this as the answer to stop diverting you guys from more important answers. Edit: Hmm, can't mark my own comment as an answer...
  • Options
    viruviru Member, Developers Posts: 619 ✭✭✭✭
    @florian_ford , You have to select both end face of tube and after that select plane option. it automatically create plane in center of tube. Kindly refer below video for more detail.

• Options
    Thanks for the effort.