Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Help with Fillet

j_nelson
j_nelson Member Posts: 2 ✭

https://cad.onshape.com/documents/0335d2f5370fc0cb60e5cedf/w/663084dfd78627ce5d9b3f71/e/804c66af637e2dbedca0e1bd?renderMode=0&uiState=6aa6a23b27d36cf2d8751a1c

Hello, I'm currently following a surfacing tutorial for Solidworks but doing it in Onshape and so far I've managed to figure out most issues I've come across translating the techniques myself. However, in this tutorial the teacher was able to use the Solidworks fillet tool to fillet the edge on the rear of the tool which goes from an angle between the two adjacent faces to tangency so essentially needs to fade out. Is this possible to do using the Onshape fillet tool. For me it doesn't want to work, also tried variable fillet without success.

I know i could solve this by trimming on either side of this edge and lofting between the surfaces but I want to know if Onshape can do the speedy/lazy way.