Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.
First time visiting? Here are some places to start:- Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
- Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
- Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
- Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.
If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.
Internal Volume of a complex asm
I need to get the inverse of my model. Just the internal space.
I have tried a few methods that I was able to previously do in autodesk Inventor (Derive a solid part and subtract the original.)
I have tried to use the internal volume command, but the asm is very complex and seems to have too many openings, or other interior parts for the command to grasp the volume.
Is there a better way to make an entirely solid version of my part so I can subtract the original? The shrinkwrap command seems clunky and hasn't been able to preform what I need it to do.
Answers
-
The "simplify" feature might help. Could take some setup if the assembly is really complex but worth a shot…
0
