Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

fillet with > 1 nonoverlapping edges failing

wesley_rishel
wesley_rishel Member Posts: 12 ✭

I have a Part Studio containing a single solid. When I attempt to add fillets only one edge can be filleted per step in the Feature list. In a single step when I click on an edge it turns yellow. When I click on any other edge they both turn red (figs 3 and 4). Figure 5 shows edges that are on opposite sides of the extrusion. However I can complete all the filleting I need by tediously making a separate feature in the list for each individual edge. Attempting to fillet a face fails. See images below.

https://cad.onshape.com/documents/d9e68515177c1115a25c4184/w/3133cbfe5ffca58d6aa00f50/e/0b9d1d7e8d9ef8ece38c698a

I believe there is something about the sketch that is causing the issue but I redrew the sketch from scratch and the problem did not go away. The sketch does have two arcs, two splines and two reflects if that matters.

Fig 1

image.png

Fig 2

image.png

Fig 3

image.png

Fig 4

image.png

Fig 5

image.png
Tagged:

Best Answer

  • eric_pesty
    eric_pesty Member, pcbaevp Posts: 2,894 PRO
    Answer ✓

    There should be a warning about this but you are using "width" for the "measurement" method, which doesn't support multiple chains of edges.

    Switch that to "Radius" instead

Answers