Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Hex pattern on complex surface ideas

MDesign
MDesign Member Posts: 1,464 PRO
edited September 26 in Community Support

Trying to get something close to this in onshape except without the mismatched transitions. This was done in bumpmesh. I can't ultimately use bumpmesh because I need it in a STEP file in the end. I've messed a bit with the texture fs and the attractor, but haven't had much luck with those. I think I need more seat time to understand those better. I've even tried using the displacement map which would maybe work if it weren't for the two extremely different length edges at the flange that stretch the pattern too far. Look for suggestions on other methods before I just model a web of 3d splines to serve as the pattern.

image.png