Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

In Onshape, what is the best way to edit something created on Catia v5?

stephen_brzykcystephen_brzykcy Member Posts: 4
edited March 2016 in Community Support
Hi, so I have imported the .CATpart file and have a sketch with the object loaded but I can't seem to change the placement locations of the lines, is there a different way to do this? I am not adept at CAD, which is why I am having someone else do the heavy lifting (and they use Catia v5), please let me know the best method to take a model he creates and edit it. Thanks!

Best Answer

Answers

• Narayan_KNarayan_K Member Posts: 379 ✭✭✭
    @ stephen_brzykcy, if you import models created in any other CAD to Onshape, it will be like dump solid.We can't edit such sketches or any features by which model created.Only way to edit or modify the such model is modification tools like transform,Move face(offset,translate,Rotate),Delete face,Replace face and Modify fillet.
    By the help of above tools you can modify the model.

• stephen_brzykcystephen_brzykcy Member Posts: 4
    Is there an import format that will allow me to edit and move elements of the model (like hole placements, etc.)? Thanks!