Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Farside Couterbore / Countersink

daleajonesdaleajones Member Posts: 4
edited July 2016 in Community Support
Hi OnShapers,

I'm new to OnShape and looking at how it will compare to our current CAD / CAE tools. I'm using it to create a number of existing components and seeing how quickly I can pick up the modelling conventions. 

I'm getting on ok but have come stuck when trying to model a far side counterbore. I can't find a tool for this or an option within the hole tool and wondered if anyone else has a better solution that a counterbore / countersink hole and additional feature for the farside portion of the hole?

Cheers,

Dale
--

Dale Jones

Answers

• Narayan_KNarayan_K Member Posts: 379 ✭✭✭
    @ daleajones , There is no separate option to make both side counter bore. you can do as follow,

• daleajonesdaleajones Member Posts: 4
    Ace thanks for the tip!

Unfortunately on this occasion the near and farside counterbores are different sizes so need two separate features but I can see this tip saving me time in the future :)

I like the fact features are not limited to sketches only on a single plane but can reference multiple sketches on different planes... 
    --

Dale Jones