Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

through_all blows up

traveler_hauptmantraveler_hauptman Member, OS Professional, Mentor, Developers Posts: 419 PRO
I'm creating a bunch of extrudes inside a feature using through_all bounds. It appears that the definition of "all" is about 2 * the current extent, and my features quickly hit the size of the universe (1Km) after which the extrudes fail.

I'm off to delete my extruded tools as I create them.... or use a fixed depth...

This is not a bug in my view, but it sure was a surprise :)

Comments

• Options
    evan_2evan_2 Member Posts: 1
    Possibly has something to do with untrimmed surfaces.

Have you considered using evBox3d to determine a more reasonable value for the extent, then using that to blind-terminate the extrude?

• Options
    traveler_hauptmantraveler_hauptman Member, OS Professional, Mentor, Developers Posts: 419 PRO
    @evan_2 Yeah, I'll do that if I need to in the future. Deleting my tools before creating new ones with thru_all is working fine for my current situation.