Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Regions Not Always Visible When Selecting

tim_hornbergertim_hornberger Member Posts: 3
I've noticed some quirky behavior lately with selecting regions while creating an extrude, revolve or other feature.  All of the closed regions become invisible at times, if you hover your mouse over the area where you know they are they highlight and you can select them but they don't show up consistently and it makes selection difficult.  The preview of the resulting solid geometry is also quirky and shows up some times and not others.

Answers

• baumarbaumar OS Professional Posts: 76 PRO
    Hi Tim,

Unfortunately I cannot give you the answer but I had the same problem and therefore like to support your question.
    Sometimes it made me crazy when I wanted to select a region with elements in it, in my case holes. The first strange thing was that the longer I left the mouse in a region the more of its elements were selected. That made me feel loosing the control. In addition the selection sometimes selected the elements within that region, sometimes it didn't and I had to select it carefully by hand. 

The only - cumbersome - workaround I found in this situation was to toggle between the sketch plane from where I wanted to extrude and the extrusion checking in the 3D simulation every element if it was correctly added. A description or video how to select a subset of elements from a region would be very helpful. 

Cheers

Markus