Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

2D chaining of sketch entities...

gary_webstergary_webster Member Posts: 1
edited July 2016 in Community Support
Hello,
           I have a 2d sketch made up of separately connected sketch entities and I wish to offset it...  Is there a chaining facility that will allow the connected 2d entities to be selected for offsetting?  Some systems use a double mouse click to start chaining connected entities.  (I could use a window selection but if I have other sketch entities that I don't want to offset it becomes painful to deselect the ones I'm not interested in that the window has picked up).
 Advice/help would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers,
Gary. :smiley:

Answers

• Options
    _Ðave__Ðave_ Member, Developers Posts: 712 ✭✭✭✭
    Yes if you select the offset command then click and drag one entity in the chain the entire chain will be selected. HTH 
  • Options
    viruviru Member, Developers Posts: 619 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    @gary_webster, You can do chain offset by two method depending upon which sketch entity you want to offset.
    1st method: If you want to perform chain offset of same sketch entity then you have to select the offset command then click and drag one entity in the chain the entire chain will be offset as suggested by Dave
    2nd method:
    If you want to perform chain offset to entity of other sketch then you have to select the offset command then single click on inside chain profile the entire chain will be offset. You can change offset direction by reversing arrow direction. After that you have to click for putting offset value and accept offset value.
    Note: 2nd method user cannot use for 1st case (single click on inside chain is not used for same sketch entity) and vice versa (User cannot use drag method when offset operation is performed for entity of different sketch).
    Kindly refer below video for more detail,