Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

How can I make the tip of en elliptic pyramid more round and not spicky

Hello

So I`m new with CAD and have no idea how to make my tip from an elliptic pyramid more round? Does someone can help me?

Many thanks in advanced.

Answers

• Options
    jordan_cannonjordan_cannon Member Posts: 6
    Hi there, this is one of those things that can seem a bit trickier at first than it actually is. One way to achieve a rounded tip is to create a loft between a base profile and a point. By default, this will not be rounded, but adjusting the second end condition to be tangent to profile will achieve the desired result. Adjusting the end magnitude will change the size of the rounding. Please note that it is important for the point to be in a plane which is parallel to the base sketch. This can be accomplished using a plane offset at a distance, or a plane parallel to another through a point as demonstrated in this part studio.

https://cad.onshape.com/documents/be38bd57d9c94b8ebe63c5a3/w/bb52af5f6b6d429f91dccdcb/e/786c67c8856fcb601b85d1f2

Hope that helps!