Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Loft guide from multiple edges

oranoran Member Posts: 2
edited July 2016 in Community Support
Hi,

When lofting a surface:
How do I select a guide that's composed of multiple segments?

Thanks

Answers

• Options
    nathaniel_zaharianathaniel_zaharia Member Posts: 20
    I'm not sure you can at this point.  Maybe when they add 3D sketching you will be able to make a complex 3D line that you can use as a guide.
  • Options
    mbattistellombattistello Member, Developers Posts: 51 ✭✭
    I believe as long as the multiple guides are part of the same sketch you can select the entire sketch, using the menu on the left, and then it will work. Ive been trying to get this to work myself but havent had a lot of luck but I think its due to my guide splines not intersecting with the profiles. 
  • Options
    mbattistellombattistello Member, Developers Posts: 51 ✭✭
    Just got this to work with my part. Selecting the sketch didnt work but if I select the guides individually it worked. I also had to select vertexes to get it all working.