Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Can I use fs for this?

colemancoleman OS Professional Posts: 244 ✭✭✭
edited June 2016 in Community Support
Can I use feature scrip to create a "cross hair" sketch entity (as construction lines)?
I find myself creating a vertical line and a horizontal construction line for mirroring quite often.  It would be nice to just have "cross hair" sketch entity that would place the two lines for me.

Is this possible with feature scripting?  Basically just a small plus sign (construction geometry) placed where I click. 

Thanks 

Answers

• Options
    adamohernadamohern Member, OS Professional Posts: 216 PRO
    Yup! Easy to do, actually. Accepts a query parameter filtering on EntityType.VERTEX, and another query asking for EntityType.FACE (for the sketch plane). Could optionally request a distance parameter for the size of the crosshair. It would then create a plane centered on the vertex parallel to the plane, create a sketch, and draw the two construction lines. Easy peasy.